Friday, March 14, 2014

Time

Did some sharing with a relative today... I think it's probably considered my first time sharing the gospel. Most of the times it's just some vague talk with friends. And I do realize how little knowledge I have and how much more I need to learn in order to defend the faith and also share more. But considering how reserved I normally am, I guess it wasn't too bad. The funny thing was I was feeling hesitant about talking about it and didn't quite know where to start and what to say. But deep down somewhere, I know she needs to hear it. And miraculously, just as I was about to walk away and give up, she asked me to share. I felt like I've struck lottery...

Today's topic at bible study was time management. Sounded very much like something you would learn in business school or the work place. But it's really about what we are doing with our time and a reminder about how precious time is. How much time have I wasted? Even now, I'm having a hard time discerning what is worth spending time on and what is not. I've realized that I'm slowly walking away from some things I used to indulge in... At times, I even feel like walking away from some people because I just can't engage in that kind of lifestyle or talk or thinking anymore. But it wouldn't be right, would it?
Some verses I liked from the session (strangely my previous 2 poems shared a teeny bit of similarities with some of the verses, even though I had never read these verses prior to BS):

Ephesians 5:16 NIV
[14] This is why it is said: “Wake up, sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you .”
[15] Be very careful, then, how you live —not as unwise but as wise, [16] making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 NIV
[1] There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: [2] a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, [3] a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, [4] a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
[5] a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, [6] a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, [7] a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, [8] a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment