Thursday, January 23, 2014

Of words and notes

It fascinates me how different music appeals to different people. How a piece of music can have the power to put you in a certain mood. Mood for a jiggy, mood for melancholia, romance, etc. sometimes just a few words from a song get to me. And sometimes it could be just a few notes. It's also strange that there will be songs that you wouldn't have given the time of day but then started loving for no apparent reasons. It could be that as our experiences in life change/ accumulate, certain songs start speaking to us. Sometimes a song has the power to bring back memories, both good and bad. It can also remind us of a certain someone, not necessarily the romantic kind.
Anyway, some strung words that I've been liking:
"Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore",
"I know it looks like I'm moving but I'm standing still"
"All you have to do is touch my hand to show me you understand"
"Looking at the world over the rim of his tea-cup"
"We were too young to understand to ever know that lovers drift apart and that's the way love goes"
"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul"
"You won't remember when this is blown over"
"What a friend we have in Jesus" (the version from Jeff black's where my dreams come true; very clever way of "plagiarizing")
"When the evening shatters and the stars appear"( some versions have it as when the evening shadows but I personally feel shatters has a nice ring to it)

Will add on to this list when I have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment