Friday, January 24, 2014

Chronicles Volume 1 - Bob Dylan

Alas I caved and started reading a new book before I finished musicophilia. The book is bob Dylan's autobiography "Chronicles vol.1". I don't know if there's actually a vol.2. Been wanting to buy the book but had KIV-ed it coz I just have too many books to bulldoze my way through. The book is off to a good start. I really like his writing style and prose. It's not really organized, which I kinda expected. But it's not that disorganized either. The story started off in NYC with John Hammond. And from the first two chapters, one could already see his passion, hunger, dedication, that wide-eyed wonder, and self-confidence. You also get a glimpse into the books and songs he loved and the people who had an influence on him. I think there's a sexiness to the young Bob Dylan but I just somehow feel he seems to have become a little jaded over the years. But well, don't we all?
Anyway more review on this after I actually finish the book which probably wouldn't be long.

No comments:

Post a Comment