Monday, September 28, 2020

Venice

Watching the food show feed Phil - Venice episode, he or one of the guests mentioned the exact same thing I felt about Venice. It didn’t seem real. I told Philippe and Janie that it felt like Disneyland when they asked me how it was. Philippe was surprised. It didn’t feel that way for them. Maybe it was the crowd, the peak of summer. Maybe the place felt too picturesque. But came night time a part of that Disneyland feel did fade away. The tourists were mostly gone. The streets were quiet after a music event and teng and i got lost in the maze of similar looking streets. About Phil, he’s really charming not in a handsome sort of way, but the self-deprecating humor, the open-ness in his face and mannerisms, the child-like amazement at good food. Completely unpretentious and warm. I wish I could be like that. These days I’ve not much tolerance for inauthenticity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment