Sunday, September 27, 2020

Moving on

 Sometimes our decisions are mainly driven by fear. The fear of aloneness, the fear of society’s judgment, the fear of moving on, the fear of the unknown. Most of these stem from a lack of trust in God, not truly believing that He has prepared the best things for us if we follow His way. Most times we would rather try to fix things and make things happen our way. Pastor said often we look to others to complete us, make us whole, believing foolishly that there is someone out there who can make us happy. At the end of the day, only God can make us whole, give us that peace and feeling of completeness. I’m not sure what path I should take. The future looks bleak and I’m not sure of my capability to cope. Sometimes I wonder if I’m staying on for the sentimental value, for obligations but I’m not sure if this is actually a more selfish way of living. Acknowledging that perhaps we have outgrown each other, fell out of love, moving in different directions, might be a more responsible thing to do. The hard part I suppose is answering to people when honestly, who we need to truly answer to is ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment