Friday, September 4, 2020

2020

Been almost a year since I blogged. Where did the time go? It's often easier to write than verbalise one's true thoughts. But strangely, now, even in writing, I cant gather my thoughts. This year's been a strange one and I believe I've said the exact same thing last year. Guess things are just not going back to normal. This year's pandemic, I suppose, was an opportunity for us to slow down and take stock. But are we really doing that? Or are we just indulging ourselves in other forms of frivolities? For me, it had been exercising, cooking, TV watching, reading. I suppose perhaps, I am feeling a little lost and using "things" to distract myself further rather than deal with the monster in the closet. Trying to retrace my steps and reminding myself again of what's important or what I had once dreamt of doing. Courage eludes me. Where does one acquire such a thing? This is a senseless post, which is going nowhere, and serves no purpose, except perhaps a little catharsis.  

On an unrelated note, at the beach one day with the breeze and a drink, I'd a vision of a simple life sailing around the world. Sounds like a simple dream but it obviously isn't one, with all the practicalities and consequences, one have to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment