Monday, July 17, 2017

Calligraphy

And then instead of writing to potential supervisors, here I am dabbing at calligraphy again... distractions..... haven't used broad nibs for a while. Need some getting used to.
Been reading George orwell's letters. Somehow I wish this is still the letter-writing era but I can't figure out why I am so enarmoured with letters. Maybe because it is more carefully crafted than an email? Maybe there's just something beautiful about reading a hand-written letter? Maybe the beauty lies in the idea that someone went through quite a fair amount of effort just to get a word or two to you...it's funny though that by the time you received a piece of news in the form of a letter, it would have long become history...
Wasn't feeling quite upbeat today and I got even more frustrated when playing the piano. The fingers felt as if they are no longer under my control. I guess it's just a case of the Monday blues. Or so I hope. Some things I wanted to blog about: the idea of karma and schooling. Will reserve that
For another day when I'm less moody.


No comments:

Post a Comment