Sunday, June 15, 2014

Growing up

Everything has changed
You and I
We are not the same
As we were
Yesterday.
Childhood dreams were broken
The games we used to play
Are to be forsaken.
Time passes too soon,
Those hands I used to hold
Have grown cold.
We have moved on
To a different reality
Where dreams are trampled on,
And naive beliefs are scorned.
Don't be a fool, you said.
Wake up before it's too late.
The world is changing
Spinning
You will get lost in it,
If you hold on to the past.
You will get thrown off your feet
If you do not keep moving.
I wiped away those childish tears,
And listened to your words.
The rhythm and rhymes of yesteryears
Erased from my memory.
It's a new world I enter,
A world...
Where everything is new,
Where nothing is worth saving.
Old keepsakes
Are for the sentimental fools.

Tbc

No comments:

Post a Comment