Saturday, February 27, 2016

Librarything

I read an article extolling the wonderfulness of the Librarything app (a book cataloging app) and was convinced enough to download the app. I thought such a highly raved app would cost something but alas, it was free! I really love the app after trying out its functions. The barcode scanner offers a kind of cheap thrill for me Coz I get to pretend to be a librarian. The scanner recognizes the isbn within seconds and gives a beep sound when scan is completed. This is the function I love the most from the app. Apart from cheap thrills, the app lets you categorize your books into wishlist, currently reading, read but unowned, favorites. It also allows you to give star ratings. For those serious bibliophile, you can even write your review, enter your reading dates, and other comments (e.g. book was loaned to so and so-a great feature if you tend to lose your books because of friends who borrow and never return). I've entered 70books so far within 20-30min of acquiring the app and that's not even one-third of the books on the shelves. I oftentimes have trouble remembering if I already own a book  and sometimes make the mistake of buying duplicates. This app is definitely a lifesaver for situations like this. Another thing I like is the ability to see the book covers, which makes the app aesthetically pleasing to the eye. A few snapshots of the app:




I really can't wait to finish cataloging all the books ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment