Tuesday, March 10, 2015

God-given right

Feeling a little regretful over something I did. Had meant to help but I don't know if it's become a case of 越帮越忙。most things in life are not our God-given rights. Nobody owes us anything. Yet, people are starting to think and act that you being kind and accommodating, is your obligation to me. Often we forget that when we are given something, something else has been taken away from that person. We overlook the fact that sometimes people have to jump through hoops and huddles to accommodate us. Are we so self-centered to only see what we are not given, that only our inconveniences, effort and time mattered? Is our role in life to keep taking without expending any effort on our part? Perhaps sometimes people are too blessed their whole life to be surrounded by good and giving people that they failed to recognize a blessing as a blessing and to take things for granted.

I get so pissed over people like that and yet, another part of me says "let those without sin cast the first stone". Should I be so critical? Should I judge? Do I even have the right to get angry? Coincidentally this is something I have to lead the discussion on for BS this week. 
I know the answer only too well yet I can't help feeling the injustice of it all (although the injustice was not done to me). And it's a struggle. Am i obligated to remind this person of all these things, or am I not in any position to comment? 


No comments:

Post a Comment