Saturday, February 1, 2014

I'm an OS

Saw an ad today- a group of folks gathered at a dinner table but all were busy with their gadgets. It's certainly not an uncommon scene these days. Einstein once said he feared the day that technology would surpass human interaction. Such a visionary that man. The time has come now. It kinda reminded me of the movie "Her". Many people in our lives have started to become like OS-es. We don't meet, we don't talk, we whatsapp, we send short electronic messages, we send emails, really what's the difference between an intelligent electronic system and a real person? I guess the OS in the film has even one-upped most of our interactions these days. At least it has a voice. These days zilch... Kinda wishing we could rewind time....
Convenience comes at a price and the price seems a tad too heavy. We are a many walls removed from each other now.
But the thing is if I were to stop all messaging, not return messages, people would probably think I'm being an uncaring ass. I don't even know now how to start a phone conversation with friends when it had came so easily in the past. I still remember the times when we would call each other and chat late into the night. And even sang songs over the phone. Funny times. All gone now. Who has the time for these things these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment