Monday, December 7, 2020

Hope

 The year’s almost coming to an end. Not quite sure what to make of 2020 and what to expect for the years to come. Things seem rather bleak, with the economy bleeding and the rest of the world still struggling with the pandemic. There’s a glimmer of hope that the vaccines bring. A glimmer of hope, the best kind of medicine we need, in the darkest of days. This is very much the same appeal we find in Christianity- hope. 

Been reading much less these days, taken months to finish Obama’s audacity of hope. Ahh, that word again. Talking about hope almost always reminds me of viktor frankel’s man’s search for meaning of life. Haven’t read anything too fantastic these days after grapes of wrath. Reminds me again that I ought to read of mice and men. 

Some fine movies - miracle in cell 47 and boy who harnessed the wind 

Although humanity needs hope to survive, we can’t place any hope on humanity. I suppose I need to moderate or better yet, not have any expectations of anyone. If one wants to give, one should give freely, not feel obligated, and with no expectations. I guess for some people whom I feel deserving or in need, I am more than happy to give without expecting anything in return. But for some people, I’m not sure why I just feel taken advantage of. It just puts me off that sometimes people scheme to reap benefits off you, no matter how small or petty those benefits are. I know it’s ungracious to think or feel this way but I just can’t help feeling this way. I guess I’ve not much tolerance for devious people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment