Wednesday, November 7, 2018

In a material world

I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move. 
Robert Louis Stevenson 

Feels like eternity since I last travelled to a faraway place. 

What entices us to move? I wonder. 

On another note, finding myself impatient these days, at people mostly. People moving too slowly, people talking too much, people being unappreciative, people asking for too much. I’m tired of people, I guess. 

Finding myself getting annoyed, disturbed, and disgusted by the constant coercing of the world to indulge more and more in material things : the shoppee advertisement (buy everything!) , the crazy queues for the latest iPhone/huawei, the pop-up Hermes carres thing (god knows what that is). I’m not sure why these things just irk me so much these days when  it’s not like I don’t indulge in things too.

I don’t know I just feel this world is getting so empty and superficial but what do I know... 

No comments:

Post a Comment