Thursday, October 8, 2015

Chicken soup for the soul-count your blessings

5 oct 2015 - 9 oct 2015

I used to love reading chicken soup when I was younger. Then I kinda grew out of it. Book was given to me by cousin and I think it is a good reminder to take stock and count our blessings. Honestly, there are so many things we are to be grateful for. Clean water, public transport, air conditioning, shelter over our heads, peace, harmony. 
Almost all our basic needs are taken care of and we are natural disasters free, free as well from political unrest, etc. All these allow us to pursue other things in life, the topmost things on Maslow's hierarchy. Yet it is funny that despite all the comforts that we have, a lot of us face depression, a sense of emptiness and loneliness. From the book, I get a sense that we need to give thanks constantly to God even in our darkest hours, believing always that he will never test us beyond our limits. This is how we derive a sense of peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment