Saturday, August 22, 2015

Amusement parks


I vaguely remember going to amusement parks such as these, sitting in giant tea cups where you had to turn a "steering wheel" in the middle to make it spin. It's such a pity that we do not have amusement parks like these anymore. There used to be travelling amusement parks in Singapore where they would set up tent in various neighborhoods in Singapore. The rides I used to love were the roller coaster (although I was always squeezing my eyes tightly together ), haunted house ride, bumper cars, Viking ship, Ferris wheel. Fun was the tikam stations where you tossed rings over cones or hooks, threw bean bags or balls at cans, etc and after all the games, had huge-ass cotton candies on a paper cone, or popcorn. One of the fondest memories from childhood although there weren't any technology-laden rides. I really miss all these and was quite excited when I heard that there would be an old-school carnival at tanjong pagar railway during the jubilee weekend. Alas, I was sorely disappointed. Couldn't find the bumper cars at first although I could smell the "scent" (a weird electric smell) of them and when I finally found them, it was a poor kiddy imitation of the real thing. The station was made up of a small round platform with four cars that were kinda joined together with a rail. The sngbaos were also not iced... It was quite ridiculous... 

No comments:

Post a Comment