Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Of independent bookstores

I really like these little bookstores such as books actually, littered with books, etc. There are too few of them in Singapore although I think they are starting to gain popularity in recent years. 
I can understand how difficult it is to sustain such businesses when books can be bought cheaply off the Internet and with youngsters going for the convenience of e-books. 
Although I really like the selection at books actually and littered with books and really hope they can stay in business, I can't bear to pay 4 times the price for a book. In the end I bought some used books including Dante's Inferno, 7 lives of Picasso, David Sedaris' I forgot the title, and enlightenment something. There were lovely cats roaming around at books actually and I always feel that cats go well with books, both are excellent companions when you are in need of some quiet time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment