Saturday, November 22, 2014

Mph sales

Nearing the end of every year, MPH will host this major sales at expo. Think it's probably one of the best in Singapore, in terms of the pricing and selection of books. This year's crowd is much much lesser than the years before, which is great news for me. But I'm also wondering if this spells the demise of books... What with most major bookstores having to foreclose. I pray that the day when all books become digitized will never come.
On another note, I am thinking if it is possible to implement the Dewey system on my small little collection of books. A little of a time-waster but might be fun.
Anyhow I probably need to make a list soon as I don't remember what books I have bought and not read. Always the danger of purchasing the same book.
Quite happy with the purchase today. Of the lot, there's only one book I've read before- I know this much is true. I had borrowed and read it 14 years ago and liked it so much that I purchased a copy to keep. Subsequently loaned it to a friend and that was the last I saw of the book. I think I'm quite fated to re-purchase books.

No comments:

Post a Comment