Thursday, October 23, 2014

Drucker and me-bob Buford

Cousin said because I have a rep for reading everything, she gave me this book she won on definitely books. Haha. Funny. .. Anyway read the sypnosis of the book and thought it would be something like "Tuesdays with Morrie". But it turned out to be something totally different from my expectations.
Peter drucker was the "man" in the management field. And bob buford was a self-made man who decided to apprentice under drucker.
Bob Buford's business became successful but he suddenly realized that there should be more to life than just making money. He got a calling from God and decided to invest his money into planting new churches. He founded the leadership network where he gathered pastors, priests to brainstorm/ discuss with drucker how they could grow and maintain their congregation.
I really like the concept of using business skills for God's work. I used to think that business, money and all that jazz do not mix with God. Couldn't be more wrong. We all are given gifts and no matter what that gift is, with some creativity, good intentions, and perseverance, it can all be put to good use.
I got the same idea when attending the mission conference, where a businessman/pastor talked about how he changed the mindset of farmers in Chiangmai and helped them make more profits by changing the crops they grow-from corn to cashew nuts. It sorta inspired me to want to spend some time away next year for mission work there. I wonder if it will happen in due time. All these idealization but no implementation...terrible.




No comments:

Post a Comment