Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Sometimes you just wanna run away,
To a place where only the wind blows
And not a sound is made.
Solace, you will find in this place
A place to hide the tears.
I wish you would hold my hand
And watch the waves with me.
Because, just because
I am afraid.
Of what tomorrow brings.
Of todays that are unlived
And wasted.
I wish you were here,
To wipe away the tears
To tell me everything is going to be ok.
Whispers I hear,
Louder than the roar of a lion
Because, just because,
They speak the truth
I wish to deny.
Somehow I wish you were here
To cover my ears.
But I turn around,
And you are never there.
You are but a lingering shadow
That is never here
When the nights are long.
We don’t belong
You and I
On different corners of the world
You and I
We don’t belong
Forever, spinning out of each other’s sphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment