Thursday, November 24, 2016

Who am I?

Who am I ?
What defines us ? 
At a first meeting, we ask of each other what do we do. It's funny why we even bother asking that question. If I were to say that I am a nurse/a teacher/an astronaut, does that tell you who I am as a person ? 
Is my work an extension of who I am? If I were to lose my job, do I naturally becoming nothingness? 
Who am I? 
The one who loves storms?
The one who loves the sound of rain ?
The ones who loves old records and all the glory of their scratchy sounds? 
The one who loves the blueness and vastness of the ocean?
The one who dreams of a log cabin in the woods?
The one who loves to walk in the cold?
The one who loves the mountains?
The one who loves a library of books, a fireplace, a cosy leather armchair, a cup of coffee and something furry at her feet? 
The one who loves dreams more than reality?
The one who fears the word "no"?
The one who hates the dark but loves the stars?
The one who feels guilty for not living a god-pleasing life?
The one who lacks courage and strength to obtain the things she wants?
The one who worries too much? 
The one who loves sad love songs?
The one who loves pink candy floss?
The one who cries at movies and books?
The one who lies because she thinks others can't accept the truth?
The one who used to dream of being an astronaut?
The one who can't believe in dreams anymore?
The one who is always thinking of a new place to explore? 
The one who feels she's running out of time?
The one who always gives things and people up because the fear of losing always wins ?
The one, the one, the one.



No comments:

Post a Comment