Tuesday, April 26, 2016

With weary eyes I look at you 
You know, I am tired to the bones.
Running after you for so long,
To you, I never meant a dime,
And you will never give me
The time of day,
When all I've ever asked of you,
Was a song. 

You depart with a friendly smile,
But you have left a storm behind.
I watch the dark clouds gather
And hear the sound of my own heart
Breaking like the claps of thunder.
I am cold to the bones,
Shivering and quivering under the bitterness of the rain.

Perhaps one day I will not remember your face,
Perhaps one day I would find myself again,
The one who was lost amidst the flurry of your words,
The one who had believed in you.
My heart was once pure and true,
Only now I've come to understand,
That I was played for a fool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment