Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Had wanted to go for sibu mission trip last year but I missed the deadline. This year I felt a prompting to sign up for the trip again but didn't know about it till the last minute. Coincidentally the person in charge of the trip was sitting next to me during service and I felt an urge to ask her about it but being the procrastinator, I decided to just drop her an email. When I was about to leave the service she came up to me to pass a prayer pamphlet so I just asked her about it. She told me that I might be too late but to still drop her an email anyhow if I'm really keen on going. Dropped her a mail and she told me the bad news that the trip was already booked and that I would have to wait till next year. I was a little disappointed at first but then thought I could use the leave to go Bandung and started planning for it (this was later foiled and for a good reason- I do not have sufficient leave for both Bandung and sibu). 
I then received a missed call from pastor the next day but didn't return his call till the next morning and he told me that I might be able to join the trip if there are still flights and also that I would have to stay alone in the hotel room. He then said he would let me know again after he discussed with the mission team and a week passed and I was kinda having mixed feelings about going, as I didn't like staying alone in hotels. I must admit I was secretly relieved when he didn't send me any updates. 
I then received a message from a church member that there is a last minute sign up as well and that I would have a room mate. The flight and room were then confirmed today. I wonder if this is a work of God. So many coincidences and hiccups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment