Friday, December 20, 2013

Bob Dylan

"I give her my heart but she wanted my soul"

Great lyricist... Pity bout the voice.

Thought the lyrics to "Dont think twice, it's alright" were really good. You find disappointment, sarcasm, love, anger, a bit of wanting to go but not wanting to at the same time- quite a range of emotions there in a 3-min song. My favorite cover of the song is by Peter, Paul, and Mary.
http://youtu.be/Xu-DWUngjhk

Another song of his that I love is Make You Feel My Love. The lyrics are incredibly touching - "When the evening shatters, and the stars appear, And there is no one there, To dry your tears.
I could hold you, For a million years, To make you feel my love." Although Dont Think Twice It's Alright is not a love song, I actually thought it is quite romantic too. Behind all that angst lies a romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment