Saturday, May 15, 2010

Nicholas Sparks

Read 4 of his books in a row. Which is really not a good thing to do coz you will feel that stories become a tad generic, as if they are all made from the same mould. Even the characters are almost always similar and it's hard to tell this character from the other one part. The females are always naturally beautiful, witty, and in some sort of trouble (e.g. divorcee with a kid, widow, you get the picture). The male leads are always rugged and not great looking but with a good heart. I've to admit it gets quite boring after a while but his books are really not about fantastic storylines but rather, to give you a heartwarming feeling. I didnt get much of that from the five books I read this time round though. They are "A Bend in the Road", "A Walk to Remember", "The Rescue", "Message in a Bottle"and "The Guardian". I actually read "Message in a Bottle" twice, without realising it!!
I think I still prefer his "Three Weeks with my Brother". The movie "The Notebook" and "Nights in Rodanthe" were quite nice as well. I think you can read his books when you just wanna while away your time on a cool, rainy day, in bed, with a cuppa coffee.   













































No comments:

Post a Comment