Saturday, December 19, 2009

Bookfest and More Books to Recommend

I was like a kid in a candystore at the bookfest. Was walking around the place in circles for almost 2hours, not wanting to leave. Serene had to practically drag me out of the place! The books I pushed her to purchase were Tuesdays with Morrie and Eat Pray Love. She chose the latter coz she found it ludicrous to pay $15 for a thin book -_-



The book I forgot to add in my previous list was of course,



Elizabeth Gilbert

Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia



An inspiring read about Elizabeth Gilbert's travels to the three Is- Italy for pleasure (food, specifically), India for spiritual searching, and Bali to find Love. Which explains the title of eat, pray, love. I admire her gutsiness and openness- going to new places, meeting new people, opening up to them, and finding new relationships (friends, lovers, etc). This is something that I find myself not able to do. It's true I like to travel but I am your typical tourist. I do not dare open myself up to strangers in a different land. I think travel is made all the more interesting and meaningful if you interact with the locals, and try to live their way of life. Otherwise, how else can you truly know a place?

No comments:

Post a Comment